Protected Online Filing (PROOF)
Protected Online Filing (PROOF) is a Companies House scheme that enables registered companies to limited the number of changes that can be filed for a company using paper forms. Fraudsters are known to submit fake filing requests to Companies House in order to hijack companies and then go on to perpetrate further fraud.
Enrolling on the PROOF scheme will ensure that the following procedures can only be made electronically.
- Change of Registered Office Address
- Changes to the companys officers (appointments, resignations and change of particulars)
- Filing of the annual return
According to recent figures, Companies House deal with between 50-100 cases of corporate identity theft every month. If you suspect of any of the following changes have been made fraudulently you are advised to contact Companies House immediately.
- A registered office has been changed without the officers knowledge or approval.
- An officer has been appointed, resigned or modified without consent.
- The name of a company has been changed without consent.
- A company is using an address as their registered office without consent.
If you suspect any of the above you should report the matter to Companies House using the email [email protected]
You can register for PROOF directly from the Companies House WebFiling portal. If you incorporated your company with use then we can do this for you if you get in touch.
Recent Blog Posts
- 16 Jul 2018 - Tips to Choose the Right Structure for Business
- 04 Jul 2018 - Is your Business Cost Effective?
- 22 Jun 2018 - Should my company take a political stance?
- 13 Jun 2018 - Pricing Strategies: Pricing your Products and Services
- 05 Jun 2018 - Can Networking Help Self-Employed with Mental Health?