Prefer to talk?
9:00 to 17:30 (Weekdays)

Resign a Director or Secretary

You can resign a director or secretary from a private limited company directly with Companies House. To resign a director or secretary you will need to complete Companies House form TM01 (director) or TM02 (secretary). To complete forms TM01 and TM02 you will be asked to provide the following information:
  • Company Number
  • Company Name
  • Date of Resignation
  • Date of Birth
  • Full name of director/secretary
  • Position from which the individual is being resigned

There is no cost to file either of these forms. You can obtain the form required using the link below.

To resign a director use this form
Companies House form TM01

To resign a secretary use this form
Companies House form TM02

When completed the form should be delivered to the following address:

Companies House
Crown Way
CF14 3UZ

Other Secretarial Procedures

Recent Support Articles