Prefer to talk?
9:00 to 17:30 (Weekdays)

Change a Company's Name

You can change the registered name of a private limited company by filing the correct notice and a Special Resolution. If you would like assistance changing a company name, The Company Wizard provide a managed name change service for £19.99 + vat, inclusive of the government filing fee.

Start an application to change a company name

To change a company name directly with Companies House you will need to complete form NM01. To complete form NM01 you will be asked to provide the following information:
  • Company number
  • Original company name
  • New company name
  • Special Resolution
  • Authorising signature(s)

There is a fee of £20 payable to Companies House in order to file form NM01. You can obtain this form using the link below.

Companies House form NM01

For Limited Liability Partnerships you will need to file an LL NM01 form instead.

Click here for information on changing the name of an LLP

Please ensure you check the availability of the new company name before you send the resolution to Companies House. You can check availability of a company name using the Companies House WebCheck facility.

Please also check that if your new proposed company name includes one of the sensitive words listed by Companies House, additional supporting information will be required.

When completed the form should be delivered to the following address:

Companies House
Crown Way
CF14 3UZ

Other Secretarial Procedures

Recent Support Articles