Company Share Classes - A and B Shares
When forming a new Limited Company you may decide to attribute different rights to different shareholders, this can be done by creating unique share classes, e.g. A and B shares. The assigned rights for a given share class can vary but often seek to modify voting power or a shareholder's claim to any distributed profits.
Shares are usually ranked pari passu, which means "on an equal footing", share classes provide a means to differentiate any rights or restrictions for individuals or groups of shareholders.
Creating Share Classes
When you form a limited company with The Company Wizard we allow up to 4 individual share classes to be created. If you would like to incorporate your company with multiple share classes we explain how this can be done here.
There is an additional fee of £9.99 + vat (up to 4 share classes).
Start a new Company Registration
Recent Support Articles
- 04 Mar 2021 - Terms and Conditions
- 21 Feb 2021 - Limited company share classes
- 21 Feb 2021 - Share Capital and Statement of Capital
- 21 Feb 2021 - Company Formation Wizard: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 21 Feb 2021 - Company Share Classes, A and B Shares